[Year 12 Its] Programming languages - IT 1&2 & Software 3&4

gordonp at horsham-college.vic.edu.au gordonp at horsham-college.vic.edu.au
Wed Jun 7 15:43:51 EST 2006

> Having students which aren't that interested in IT doing IT, seems to
> result in the dumbing down of IT courses. This is not good.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Con Zymaris

Agreed - but they have to do English + 4 subjects in year 12. Many of the 50% (VCE only) struggle to find 4 interesting subjects and perceive IT as a bludge subject because it is on computers.
I don't wish to talk down our students - we always have a handful of academic students who do extremely well.
But we cater to a very broad range of kids here ...

             cheers          gordon

---
Gordon Poultney