[Year 12 Its] Programming languages - IT 1&2 & Software 3&4

gordonp at horsham-college.vic.edu.au gordonp at horsham-college.vic.edu.au
Wed Jun 7 08:36:41 EST 2006

Every year I wonder why actionscript is not on the list and never get a really satsfactory answer...

PHP is accepted and it hardly even meets one of the criteria (gui), yet an almost full-blown javaesque language that combines with an excellent animation suite is not??
Yes Con i know it comes from one of evil software vendors, but it is very good, and another way to get kids enjoying their programming (almost as good as VB!)
There are plenty of years of database programming ahead for those so inclined...

                        gordon