[Year 12 Its] Programming languages - IT 1&2 & Software 3&4

Frank Merlino frankm at sjc.vic.edu.au
Tue Jun 6 21:15:24 EST 2006

Tony,
Perhaps reference manuals that can be purchased...I do not know the criteria the VCAA uses. I think the VCAA would endorse a language if it had a reasonably wide following (which Gamemaker is certainly getting), encouraged the use of structured programming principles, provided a GUI, allowed for file processing such as reading from and writing to SQL etc., and so on...just my thoughts. I reckon the decisions have already been made.

Regards,

Frank Merlino
Technology (IT and Systems) Co-ordinator
Web Site Manager
St. Joseph's College
135 Aphrasia St, Newtown
Geelong, Victoria, Australia, 3219