[Year 12 Its] RE: [Year 12 IPM] Digital storage devices -Acceptable usage policy

Stephen Digby digby.stephen.p at edumail.vic.gov.au
Fri Jun 2 21:33:00 EST 2006

Due to the huge increase in multimedia material on our net (1000 streamed videos as well audio built into CD ROMS), I am asking our
admin to encourage students to bring earphones to classes, and to put mps/ USB drives on the booklist !!
I want us to go move toward teacher control of the use of the device rather than the possession of the device.
E.g. if a student plugs into their ear phones in class I want teachers to decide whether it is appropriate or not and instruct the
student accordingly.  If the student disobeys, THEN they get the device confiscated....

Stephen Digby, Learning Technology Manager digby.stephen.p at edumail.vic.gov.au
Cheltenham Secondary College www.cheltsec.vic.edu.au Ph: 613 955 55 955  Fx: 9555 8617

It is no use saying, 'We are doing our best.' You have got to succeed in doing what is necessary. - Sir Winston Churchill