[Year 12 Its] When is programmming started in the SDLC

David Dawson dgdawson at mgs.vic.edu.au
Thu Apr 27 09:26:49 EST 2006

Hi
I am not sure of what John refers to as "starting the software".
I assume he means after development and testing, which follow the
planning/analysis and design stages. So this occurs during
implementation when the software is introduced and run - with an
appropriate (implementation) changeover strategy.
I used to think that omitting the planning phase was a problem, but at
this level it makes sense to assimilate it into "analysis". SO the
traditional six stages are reduced to: planning/analysis, design,
development, implementation, evaluation/maintenance.
It is the same in both Vic and NSW AFAIK,
hope this helps
David Dawson
Information Systems

Melbourne Grammar School
St Kilda Road Melbourne VIC 3004 Australia

T: +61 3 9865 7604
F: +61 3 9868 7188
E: dgdawson at mgs.vic.edu.au
W:www.mgs.vic.edu.au <http://www.mgs.vic.edu.au>

Grimwade House, our co-educational primary school in Caulfield for girls
and boys, Prep to Year 6
Wadhurst, our middle school, for boys in Years 7 & 8 is located in South
Yarra
Senior School, also in South Yarra, for boys from Years 9 to 12
Boarding is available in our boarding precinct for boys from Years 7 to
12

Fostering Learning and Leadership