[Year 12 Its] REALbasic 4 Mac, Win & now Linux

Con Zymaris conz at cyber.com.au
Thu Jun 16 13:00:22 EST 2005

On Thu, Jun 16, 2005 at 12:22:19PM +1000, Zach Alexakos wrote:
> Hello Donna, Con,
> I tried to migrate some VB programs to Real Basic last year but was unable
> to. They were simple programs eg: temp.conversion programs in VB6.

Would be about right I think. The key question is 'exactly how many mods
do I need in order to make this VB code compile in RB?'.

Regardless, as mentioned, unless you were 'porting' an app across, this
isn't a real issue for most of the members of this forum, as your students
will be creating new apps in either platform. What is an issue is how
similar the languages and environment are, for you as instructor.

Cheers,

Con Zymaris, Convenor
Open Source Victoria
http://www.osv.org.au/