[Year 12 Its] Off Topic - Windows XP and Serv Pack 2 Incompatibility

Jeffrey Lynn jslynn at optusnet.com.au
Wed Jun 15 17:41:50 EST 2005

Sorry, a p.s. to my previous posting.

I have operated mixed environments of Windows XP Pro SP2, Windows 2000,
Windows 98 and Windows 98SE. the only issue has been one that occurs with
any version of Win XP (not just SP2) and that is that it takes a while to
detect Windows 98 computers on the network. This is due to the way that XP
detects the networked computers. In a school with a dedicated server this
should also be less of an issue.

Cheers.

Jeff Lynn,
Hales Institute.