[Year 12 IPM] Compressing Powerpoint Files_OT

Keith Richardson keithcr at fastmail.fm
Tue Sep 12 18:49:02 EST 2006

Anne - the most important thing with Powerpoint files is that the
pictures MUST be of a small filesize first. If not they will bloat the
powerpoint filesize beyond recognition.
Therefore, take each of the images, note the final screen dimensions you
want (e.g. 300pixels wide for example) then using a program such as
Irfanview, resize (Ctrl-R) to this, and apply a compression of, say 80,
when saving to a jpg file type.
Then delete each of the images and re-insert the size-reduced ones.
Sounds messy, and it is, but the file size will reduce dramatically.
NOTE - obviously, small sized images should have been used in the first
place, but most of us forget about that.
Cheers, Keith