[Year 12 IPM] OT: VELS ICT

Roland Gesthuizen rgesthuizen at gmail.com
Sat Oct 28 20:00:40 EST 2006

I quite agree that it is important to let students take ownership of their
digital portfolios.

I ask them to save positive samples of their work (odt docs, sdr images, mp3
audio, mp4 video, GameMaker files etc) into a folder then create a web page
that weaves links to the resources and a reflective dialogue using a html
editor. We use the Open Source NVU html editor that allows even allows for
remote updating on our Novell network and can run from the USB key. It is a
low tech solution, free to use at home and can be repeated each year ..
becoming a kind of 'MySpace on a Stick' that they can take home and
'publish' via an intranet link on their Moodle profile.

The real meta-cognitive goal of course is to help them pen the words that
reflect and build upon what they learned from each task.

Regards Roland

http://www.westallsc.vic.edu.au