[Year 12 IPM] Open Office Database

Travers, Graham J travers.graham.j at edumail.vic.gov.au
Tue May 30 11:04:54 EST 2006

Mike, have you thought about MySQL? OS and there's a huge amount of
resources. Configuration on a network may be an issue. Con or David
would give you best advice.
I have task notes at
http://www.torquayfc.com/other/pdf_files/Using_PHP_with_a_MySQL_database
.pdf

but they're a bit dated and I used it (MySQL) with php which is probably
beyond many IPM students.
There might be an easier option than php for manipulating the data,
although the scripts (SQL queries) for reading, adding, deleting,
sorting, editing are all very similar.

GT