[Year 12 IPM] Digital storage devices - Acceptable usage policy

Damien A-B buck.damien.j at edumail.vic.gov.au
Tue May 30 10:11:46 EST 2006

Hi all,
    We are trying to come up with an acceptable usage policy for digital
devices and am wondering if other schools have already come up with
something.
We are trying to look at issues such as

1.	Theft of such devices
2.	Software piracy, either from the school or is the school going to be
liable for not policing copyrighted material travelling across the network
3.	Using these devices to listen to music in class.... if IT teachers
allow these devices for storage, in an IT class, does that lesson the
authority other teachers have to ban them from their classes?
4.	What are the educational values of these devices?

Any help on these and are any other issues that I havent mentioned would be
greatly appreciated

Cheers

Damien Atkinson-Buck

IT Department

Keilor Downs College

  _____

The right to bear arms is slightly less ludicrous than the right to arm
bears.
Chris Addison (Edinburgh Comedy Festival)