[Year 12 IPM] to "McElholum, Daniel E" - from Keith

Keith Richardson keithcr at fastmail.fm
Wed Dec 20 14:38:52 EST 2006

Hi Dan - this list is certainly the right place for you to come.
You will need to be more specific, because at unit 3/4 level, vce-IT is
in two possible subjects - ITApplications (was IPM) or Software
Development (was IS in the old days).
Potts is a great textbook for ITA - contact the publishers - if it is on
your booklist for the kids to buy, you are entitled to one free copy.
You are welcome to guest-visit the Moodle sites
(http://moodle.yavneh.vic.edu.au) I have set up for my kids in ITA (key
ita-lyc), Yr 10IT (key 10it-lyc), Yr 9 Video Production (key lyc-9vp),
and Yr 8 Multi-Media (key 8mm-lyc).
There are many others on this list who will happliy help you too.
Regards, Keith

On Tue, 19 Dec 2006 13:50:12 +1100, "McElholum, Daniel E"
<mcelholum.daniel.e at edumail.vic.gov.au> said:
> Hello All,
>
> This is my first message so I hope it works.
>
> I have taught maths and science for years but next year I have been given
> a combined yr 11 and yr 12 group for IT.
>
> I have never taught IT at yr 9 to yr12 before and I have never seen it
> being taught.
>
> I have looked at the course design but it is too vague to be of much use.
>
> The text book on the student's booklist is  Potts but I have not been
> able to get a copy.
>
> I have found some of the posts on this list informative but I need some
> advice.
>
> What exactly am I supposed to teach - what are the students supposed to
> be able to do at the end of the course.
>
> What software do they use - words like "software tools" do not seem
> enough for my level of ignorance.
>
> Help!
>
> Dan

> opening or using attachments check them for viruses and defects.
> Regardless of any loss, damage or consequence, whether caused by the
> negligence of the sender or not, resulting directly or indirectly from
> the use of any attached files our liability is limited to resupplying any
> affected attachments. Any representations or opinions expressed are those
> of the individual sender, and not necessarily those of the Department of
> Education.
Keith Richardson
ITA List Moderator
Head of ICT, Leibler Yavneh College