[Year 12 IPM] online help

Robert Timmer-Arends timmer at melbpc.org.au
Mon Oct 24 17:28:19 EST 2005

I think part of the confusion here is that the term 'on-line' has shifted in
meaning somewhat; a long time ago (in computer history terms) it simply
meant 'connected to and interacting with a computer' whereas now people more
often use it as meaning 'connected to and interacting with the Internet'.

Also, I feel there is a difference between 'help' and 'support'; the former
is just info about using the product; the latter could be info, interaction
with another person, ability to download patches...

I would say that 'on line help' is any kind of documentation (designed to
help you use the product) that comes via the computer screen, no matter
where it is sourced.....does that sound reasonable?

Regards
Robert T-A
Brighton SC