[Year 12 IPM] Redundancy

Joel Walton ixoye1973 at yahoo.com.au
Thu Oct 13 08:57:35 EST 2005

While mirroring data is technically DR I dont think
that you would classify
it that way :)

>From my experience DR is more inline with Allan's
example

1. Putting in 'data' in the database that is really
calculated 'information'
Eg hourly_rate * hours_worked
2. The same fields of information in the database with
the exactly the same
information
        That information should be normalised so it is
only in one place.
        As you risk obsolete/inaccurate data in your
system if you have it
in multiple fields of the same data.

Just a quick thought.

Cheers,