[Year 12 IPM] off topic what is the go with the exam answers

Mark Kelly kel at mckinnonsc.vic.edu.au
Fri Oct 7 18:09:37 EST 2005

McDonald, Debra A1 wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I have a question has anyone else brought the VITTA practice exams?  is the answer for the gantt chart question wrong or am I going insane...

Are the options mutually-exclusive?

> Question 10-exam 3 IPM
>
> A Gantt chart does not show:
>
> a.           The slack (lag) time for each task. (this is listed as the correct answer)
> b.           The order in which tasks should be carried out.
> c.           The length of time each task is expected to take.
> d.           The persons responsible for completing each task. (but when do we display these details?)

Gantt explicitly shows B (in the task list), C (lengths of the bars) and
D (this is optional in MS Project).

Slack is *not* shown explicitly and must be calculated by the reader.
(BTW: slack is not the same as lag, so the question is a little wobbly
on that score)

> Question 2-exam 2 VET
>
> Documentation that describes the different fields in a database can be found in
>
> a.       Technical documentation (said to be correct answer)
>
> b.      A user manual (would you not describe the differences here so all would know?)
>
> c.       A quick reference card
>
> d.      Tutorials.

That makes sense to me.  The details of fields (e.g. data type,
validation rules, length, formatting) in a database are a matter for
techical people who maintain the database, rather than for the
database's end-user.

I suppose it depends on how you interpret the word "describes" in the
question: a technical person needs the details for the fields, how they
are defined; a data-entry operator only needs to know what should be
entered (e.g. a surname or a date of birth)

Or not.  Whatever.  It's Friday  :-)

Manager - Information Systems
McKinnon Secondary College
McKinnon Rd McKinnon 3204, Victoria Australia
Phone +613 95780844  Fax +613 95789253
http://www.mckinnonsc.vic.edu.au
IPM Lecture notes: http://vceit.com