[Year 12 IPM] off topic what is the go with the exam answers

Robert Timmer-Arends timmer at melbpc.org.au
Fri Oct 7 17:57:29 EST 2005

Hello Donna

just happened to be on the 'net when your email arrived

> Question 10-exam 3 IPM
> A Gantt chart does not show:
> a.            The slack (lag) time for each task. (this is listed as the
correct answer)
> b.           The order in which tasks should be carried out.
> c.            The length of time each task is expected to take.
> d.           The persons responsible for completing each task. (but when
do we display these details?)

A gantt chart can show these details (d) with a column on either the left or
right placing names or resources against tasks

> Question 2-exam 2 VET
> Documentation that describes the different fields in a database can be
found in
> a.       Technical documentation (said to be correct answer)
> b.      A user manual (would you not describe the differences here so all
would know?)
> c.       A quick reference card
> d.      Tutorials.

An ambigous question depending on how they mean the word 'describes'. If it
means what type of data it holds, its length, formatting and validation
rules applied to it and so on then I would agree that that is more for the
technical person; but if it means, for eg, the name field is where you enter
the card holder's name, etc, then I agree with you that b) is more correct.

Hope that helps
Robert T-A