[Year 12 IPM] OT: Unit 2 IT study design -- LAB [Long and Boring] response

Keith Richardson keithcr at fastmail.fm
Fri Jun 17 22:21:37 EST 2005

I have to agree with you Mark, and the situation would be almost
ludicrous IF "TRITW" were consistent, but, heavens forbid, they (in the
TRITW) are human also, and so differ from one another. What then must we
do? On the one hand we attempt to serve to our kids with 'reality'
rather than bs, but we know two things - they are approaching a real
life threatening exam that expects certain specifics, and what actually
'reality' is depends on who you talk to, how the facts are used, what
segment of the TRITW they operate in, and where they received their
training.
As an IP&M teacher I try to aquaint them with the whole conundrum we are
discussing in this thread, and the extreme difficulty (and perhaps
hopelessness of trying to search for the one true answer) that emerges
when we try to be definitive. Then I teach them the VCAA 'truth', place
it into some kind of perspective, and go away and pray by myself in the
corner.
Chio, Keith