[Year 12 IPM] OT: Unit 2 IT study design

Mike Brookes mikeb at labyrinth.net.au
Fri Jun 17 16:51:27 EST 2005

Hi All
I would argue that a data entry screen and its associated text boxes
etc. are input methods, hence the alternative name of input forms.

The workstation operator inputting the data actually aquires the data
from external sources such as customers either verbally or from
written/printed documents.

Another example might be the supermarket checkout. Aquiring the data
would be the process of a customer collecting the required items from
the shelves and the checkout operator inputs the data from the barcode
labels using a scanner or the keyboard.

Mike Brookes
Copperfield College