[Year 12 IPM] OT - Printing Policy

Keith Richardson keithcr at fastmail.fm
Wed Jun 1 21:56:05 EST 2005

We have a little trick that we pull with the colour laser printing.
Every colour print job just goes into a queue that the Tech or I can
access and approve or not. We charge $1 per colour page and 10c per
black and white, so one colour equals 10 BWs. Seems to clamp down on the
color printing. The laser cartridges cost hundreds and hundreds of $ so
I don't want our budget blowing out. Also, after a considerable amount
of use the quality of printed images erodes away. We love the beautiful
quality of the colour prints and want to keep it that way as long as
possible, hence an added subtle bonus for keeping the troughput down to
sensible levels.
Keith.