[Year 12 IPM] website photos

Shane Mansfield s.mansfield at kds.vic.edu.au
Thu Jul 28 11:50:40 EST 2005

Hi All,

I am currently attempting to convince our development/marketing department to refrain from publicising student names under photos on our website. I have been educating them on the pitfalls of this practice and would appreciate some stories to illustrate my point. I would be keen to learn what other schools policies regarding images of students on their websites or If you have a story of strangers finding out student details from a school webpage ( not necessarily your own) and using this information to find out where they live or to harass them in some way I would appreciate you sharing it with me so I can pass them on. Thanks

regards

Shane Mansfield
IT Coordinator
The King David School