[Year 12 IPM] Website projects

Bill Kerr billkerr at gmail.com
Sat Jul 9 13:03:45 EST 2005

*Folio (30)*

 Explore and write reports of a variety of web applications

   - ecommerce
   - search,
   - wikis,
   - flickr
   - webnote
   - blogs, etc.

 *assessment*: reports (Q&A), theory test

     structure

HTML
    *Skills (40)*

Web pages contain structure, style and behaviour.

   - Learn HTML (text, links, images, lists, forms)
   - Learn style (CSS = cascading style sheets)
   -

   style

   CSS

   behaviour

   javascript
       Learn how to script a webpage with Javascript

 *assessment*: theory test, skill challenges

 *Practical (30)*

 Design and build your own website – you choose the theme

   - have clear objectives for your site, plan beforehand
   - HTML for structure of web site
   - style sheets to make it look good and consistent look and feel
   - style sheets for navigation
   - alternative style sheet for printing out site
   - alternative style sheet to display on mobile phone
   - Forms to make it interactive
   - Javascript and Document Object Model to script behaviour to make
   site more interesting and user friendly
   - essential information on home page
   - write your own text, don't cut and paste
   - offer some downloads
   - optimise images, include thumbnail to full size links

hi sam,

my course looks like the above overview - I have taught it before but am
currently working on improving the materials - much of the folio has already
been improved but still have more work to do on the other sections

I'll distribute it under a creative commons license as it is updated at my
new tpg site see sig) - currently only the menu is in place, no point trying
to follow the links

Like Sam, I'd be interested in seeing other ways in which this is taught too
--
Bill Kerr
http://billkerr.blogspot.com/