[Year 12 IPM] School Shutdown

Mark Kelly kel at mckinnonsc.vic.edu.au
Mon Dec 19 15:19:26 EST 2005

Speaking of end of year procedures, does anyone else out there empty out
students' network directories and email boxes for a clean start in the
next year?

Wayne Hewett wrote:
> Greetings all of those who still are at work.
>
> Unfortunately, I have no choice, as the bulldozers are arriving in
> January (literally) to knock over the last wing. We have bitten the
> bullet and have told staff that we cannot guarantee email and h: access
> at all times over the break. The power supply is being disconnected at
> various times over the break. On the upside they will have finished our
> new facilities by the time we return with a real gigabyte backbone
> everywhere. It's every IT coordinators' dream redo a network that has
> been pieced together over the course of a decade.
>
> Have a great rest everyone.
>
> Wayne Hewett
> LT coordinator
> Rosebud Secondary

Manager - Information Systems
McKinnon Secondary College
McKinnon Rd McKinnon 3204, Victoria Australia
Phone +613 95780844  Fax +613 95789253
webmaster:   http://www.mckinnonsc.vic.edu.au