[Year 12 IPM] School Shutdown

Mark Kelly kel at mckinnonsc.vic.edu.au
Mon Dec 19 14:14:57 EST 2005

I leave EVERYTHING running FULL time.  Electronic stuff hates being
turned off and on - that's when it will usually fail.

I'd rather spend 10c on electricity than $300 to replace a switch that
dies during power-up.

Anyway, as soon as you power something down, someone rings you up during
the holidays LOUDLY explaining why they need it working NOW and how
you'd BETTER get yourself to the school RIGHT NOW to DO SOMETHING ABOUT
IT - please   :-)

Not worth a few cents of voltage, IMHO.

IPM notes:   http://vceit.com