Top Post versus Bottom Post Confusion (formerly[Year 12 IPM] IPM

Roland Gesthuizen rge at westallsc.vic.edu.au
Tue Dec 6 12:07:18 EST 2005

Perhaps it is one of those things that southerners like doing, scrolling
down all the time with maps etc.. There are of course three styles;
Top-Posting, Bottom-Posting and Interleaved-Posting (or In-line) and
their associated acronyms.

    Top-Posting style is also called TOFU (/text over, fullquote under)/
    Bottom-Posting is also called MEAT /(message extended with
    additional text)/
    Interleaved-Posting is also called FRUIT (/free response using
    integrated text/)

( Scroll down for signature :-P )

Andrew Grimshaw wrote:

> please scroll down for comments

Perhaps it is one of those things that northerners like doing, starting
at the top with maps etc. There are of course three styles; Top-Posting,
Bottom-Posting and Interleaved-Posting (or Inline) and their associated
acronynms.

    Top-Posting style is also called TOFU (/text over, fullquote under)/
    Bottom-Posting is also called MEAT /(message extended with
    additional text)/
    Interleaved-Posting is also called FRUIT (/free response using
    integrated text/)

( Scroll up for name :-P )

--
Roland Gesthuizen - Westall Secondary College