[Year 12 IPM] DFDs and SDLC Question

Mark Kelly kel at mckinnonsc.vic.edu.au
Wed Aug 10 13:25:59 EST 2005

Tania Bordignon wrote:

> The other question I have is in the SDLC does testing come into the design phase and documentation in the implementation phase?  I've read a few books, some with testing and documenting coming into the implementation phase.

You can't test something you haven't built, so it can't be in design.   :-)

Informal testing is done during development and formal testing follows
development.

Some flavours of SDLC put documentation in with another phase, but the
official VCAA SDLC uses ADDTDIE (analyse, design, develop, test,
document, implement, evaluate).

HTH

Mark

Manager - Information Systems
McKinnon Secondary College
McKinnon Rd McKinnon 3204, Victoria Australia
Phone +613 95780844  Fax +613 95789253
http://www.mckinnonsc.vic.edu.au
IPM Lecture notes: http://vceit.com