[English] 'Interactive' books for kids

stephen at melbpc.org.au stephen at melbpc.org.au
Tue Mar 3 20:41:09 EST 2009

Perhaps of interest .. here's what one Au kid's bookseller is up to ..
(Mind, talk about graphic-intensive sites, the splash age is 1 graphic)

> From:   Tom Danby <tdanby at intbooks.com.au>
> Date:   Tue, 3 Mar 2009 16:51:52 +1100
> Subject:  Free Trial of Interactive Books - Primary

. if you are interested in testing the new interactive non-fiction
and graphic fiction books online, Capstone have opened up a test login -
go to  www.interactivebooks.net.au - click Find Out More and then the
red book with the arrow.

The login name is rep and the password is digital - valid until March 14th

These book files are tiny Flash based versions of the books and I am
told that they are only just scratching the surface of what is
possible to imbed in these files. The degree of animation has
increased ten fold in recent editions and they are releasing LOTE
editions now.

I am finding this all a bit mind-boggling, but the kids are taking to
these like ducks to water. Yours in mild amazement, Tom Danby

--

Cheers,
Stephen