[English] Re: CPR help on your mobile

stephen at melbpc.org.au stephen at melbpc.org.au
Tue Jul 1 18:00:30 EST 2008

Hi all,

Regarding the new Red Cross CPR-instructions download initiative,

Chris writes,

> Pity this is only available if you have premium SMS enabled on your
> Phone. Chris Blackham-Davison

And, Michael writes,

> Hi, I downloaded the CPR video on my Nokia 2630 which is with Optus.
> It is a prepaid account. It all works fine except I checked my service
> balance to see that it has dropped by $70. Should it actually cost that
> amount to download a video (3.5MB) file on a mobile? Interested in your
> reply, Michael

Both excellent points, guys .. I have alerted the Red Cross media people
to the Oz-teachers list archives, and, both of your emails have thus been
brought to the attention of management at the Australian Red Cross. Both
are fine points, and although I'm sure everyone wishes the Red Cross well,
and would applaud this CPR initiative, your questions do need answering.

Now awaiting a response from the REd Cross regarding the points you have
raised .. let's see what they say. Hope they can come to some sort of deal
with Telstra etc regarding wide, & cheap, access to their fine initiative.

Cheers people
Stephen Loosley
Victoria Australia