[English] Re: [Oz-teachers] controversial Australian classics

Stephen Loosley stephen at melbpc.org.au
Wed Jan 10 23:42:22 EST 2007

Hi Anne, Marita and all,

Yes .. Aussie classics one might agree regarding any of the 'Lockies'
by Tim Winton, and I'm not sure, but wasn't it "LL-Human Torpedo" the
novel which was banned in Victoria? Can anyone remember the details
of which it was, and why banned? Tim Winton's a clever, witty, do-good
writer imho who creates genuinely funny and reasonably deep tapestries
with multi-dimensional characters and situations. Wonder what happened
to the sales of the banned book :-) .. we should email him and ask i guess.

It's much easier thinking of Non-fiction texts such as the CSIRO cook book
when people mention controversial texts these days .. times have changed.

Regards A & M
Stephen Loosley
Victoria, Australia