[English] RateMyTeachers.com

Kathy Skidmore skidmore.kathy.l at edumail.vic.gov.au
Thu Jun 15 08:33:45 EST 2006

My school is currently doing something similar, but internally. You'd
probably find 100 different attitudes towards it amongst the 100 staff. Some
people find it threatening, some welcome it, some dismiss it out of hand.
Most kids are honest, some responses have to be disregarded. I think the
jury's still out on the long-term value of the programme, though the
short-term outcomes have been interesting.
The main issue as I see it is the quality and relevance of the items on the
survey itself. The wording is extremely important e.g. What kids see as
"fun" or "relevant" can differ greatly from teacher perceptions. Also, what
is it we want or need as feedback?? What are the students' goals in
providing feedback??
It has certainly provided a robust discussion topic.