[elearning] Excellent resource

Kevork Krozian K.Krozian at fhc.vic.edu.au
Thu Nov 12 09:42:20 EST 2009

Hi Folks,

 A colleague at my school alerted me to this great resource:

http://fcit.usf.edu/matrix/index.html   - Established in 1982, the Florida Center for Instructional Technology (FCIT) has been a leader in working with educators to integrate technology into the curriculum

It has a slightly different criteria set to the epotential used by Vic govt. schools.
Victorian - Foundation , Emergent, Innovative, Transformative
Florida  - Entry , Adoption, Adaptation, Infusion , Transformation

Both models align slightly differently with the definition of "embedding eLearning "   -- See http://www.flexiblelearning.net.au/files/E-learning_Champions_Final_Report.pdf
Embedding is:
"The final stage of an innovation process that starts with an initial decision to engage (adoption),
moves to spreading the word (diffusion), consolidates in utilisation (implementation), and
culminates in embedding."
(Jasinksi, 2006, p. 1)

   Either way, the Florida resource is excellent with videos of how each stage has been addressed with videos and excellent supplementary material.

Kind Regards

Kevork Krozian
Digital Learning Manager
Forest Hill College