[Cisco] Local vs Remote vs Late Collisions -- calling all experts

Kevork Krozian kevork at edulists.com.au
Thu Apr 28 18:47:09 EST 2005

Hi Rob,

   Great to hear the practical side of this theory in your local setting
and the evolution or revolution to switches to overcome the problems.
   Late collisions would truly have been the bane of networks, especially
when there was no solution to the problem at the time.

   To answer the original question, the nearside station detects the
remote collision on the other side of a repeater -- whilst it is still
transmitting -- by .....

  Best wishes
  Kevork