[Agriculture and Horticulture ] Unit 2 Outcome 1

Chantelle McConchie cmcconchie at iprimus.com.au
Wed Aug 10 17:48:43 EST 2005

Sorry for delay in answer, have just changed over computers and have had internet problems.
l cover  very briefly where genetic makeup comes from, what is meant by genotype & phenotype ,dominant ,recessive (with their corresponding notations eg. TT  Tt  tt )& co dominant genes (eg. WR), punnet squares,and how to predict likely outcomes of 1st & 2nd generations and their significance in breeding for demands of customers ie. making sure what you plan to get is what you actually get as in growing seed of a particular colour or mix of colours or GM vs genetically pure strains( 1st part l got from a biology book mid green cover sorry can't think of name will send when go back to school but basically keep it simple) . l also do a prac called vegie people where they make ma potato ,pa onion & baby(babies if time) there is one Heineman science book 4 under Genetics chapter but there is a more user friendly one which l don't have readily on hand. will get back to you, Chantelle.----- Original Message -----