[Yr7-10maths] VELS Dimensions covered on 7-10 Maths Reports

Gration, Shannon K gration.shannon.k at edumail.vic.gov.au
Thu Jun 17 12:54:12 EST 2010

Firstly, hello to you all.

I hope you're all well.

I expect that you are all deeply in the throes of report witing as we are currently.

But, I am keen to get your perspective and school policy (perhaps) on the following question:

Do all 5 Maths VELS dimensions need to be reported on in every report (i.e. every 6 months)?

I would imagine that most, if not all, of you, if you're anything like us, don't actually cover all 5 dimensions each semester.

I would suggest that this brings into question the idea that all 5 dimensions need to be reported on each semester.

What do you think?

Cheers,

Kim Gration
Maths-Robotics Teacher