[Yr7-10it] Arduino vs Adafruit vs Raspberry Pi?

Grieve, Carlin C grieve.carlin.c at edumail.vic.gov.au
Thu May 11 14:39:36 AEST 2017

Hi Mel,

We use Arduino as primary to allow structured plan to allow easier differentiation within the classroom. Including having a learning path as they progress through the curriculum.

  *   mBot (Arduino Base)
  *   Arduino/Genuino Uno (Core classes)
  *   Arduino/Genuino 101 (Elective)

This all said, we still have a few raspberry pi’s for students to use as needed. For example, this year my yr10 elective students learn how to use the 101. Then they make their own product. They are building a full size arcade machine, and although they learnt on the 101, the raspberry pi was better suited to their needs. They had to then transfer their skills to the other board to make their project work… all part of the learning curve 😊 They are then still using the Arduino to then create a keyboard emulator.

Kind Regards,
[cid:image007.png at 01D1B9E9.E8187310]

Carlin Grieve
Epping Secondary College