[Yr7-10it] DLTV Events for 2014 and ACCELN

Roland Gesthuizen rgesthuizen at gmail.com
Fri Feb 21 09:27:50 EST 2014

Apologies if anybody gets any duplicate emails. Just a heads up after I just had a peek at the planned 2014 PD program of the new DLTV subject association. Have a peek at their new website as it may be a source of ideas for your school PD planning.

A new one and biggie this year is implementing the digital technologies from the Australian Curriculum. Watch this space.
Flipping the classroom is still big, as is building up a PLN with tools such as Twitter and Fipboard etc. I notice that Minecraft is still popular as is iBook authoring for iPads. All good, creative stuff that will paint a smile on your dial, especially if you tossed in your spare change and joined like I have.

Most importantly, pencil in the date for the DLTV conference at Swinburne Uni where I cut my teeth on Biochemistry and programming on the PDP11. The enclosed foyer area should be a hoot for the trade show and having public transport running past the venue should make it really easy to get to.

It all starts here http://dltv.vic.edu.au

Regards Roland

PS: MY ACCE Learning Network hangouts start again this Monday with Amanda Rablin and I broadcasting from 9:30 pm http://acceln.wikispaces.com

Roland GESTHUIZEN