[Yr7-10it] Tell my student teachers about ICT in education

Paul Chandler paul.chandler at une.edu.au
Mon Jul 22 11:26:56 EST 2013

Dear Colleagues,

I teach "ICT in Education" to a class of preservice primary teachers (they
will be fully-fledged teachers in 2014).  I am looking to "bring in" some
practicing teachers to my classes each week via Skype or similar
technology: their thoughts on some "issues and possibilities" about ICT in
their teaching/school.  So basically an opportunity for you to talk about
the 'good stuff' happening at your place, the possibilities for the future,
and what might be holding you back.  The "guest" could be from either
Primary or Middle Years.

The class is 9:00am to 11:30 on Wednesdays; I can fit 'visitors' in fairly
much at any time in this block which would suit you.  A duration of about
15-20 mins is what I envisage.  Could be just yourself, or with some
students.

Will you be in it?  I hope so.  In particular, I would very much like to
"bring in" a teacher on Jul 31 and Aug 7 (and also other weeks between now
and the start of November)  So please give it urgent consideration.

My apology for the late notice, but there has been some delay in this class
being listed on the timetable (I had originally hoped to put out this
request before the end of May!)

Looking forward to hearing from you & please pass the word around to other
teachers who could be cajoled into helping.

Many thanks,

--
Dr Paul D. Chandler
Australian Catholic University