[Yr7-10it] Resources for all

Paul Chandler paul.chandler at une.edu.au
Tue Feb 26 17:10:00 EST 2013

Yep - nice site, Brett.

If you like Alice, Looking Glass (an off-shoot) is well worth a look: h
ttp://lookingglass.wustl.edu

On 26 February 2013 15:38, Kent Beveridge <kbeveridge at stbc.vic.edu.au>wrote:

> Yep, nifty site Brett put together, just had a quick squiz at it.
> I personally just grabbed the same tutes(CTC) and some of the others for
> platforming and uploaded the files to our local intranet site(SIMON to
> catholic school users) and my students can directly access these. We
> presently for example, are developing platform games with my 9's class at a
> 'self learning' pace...some faster than others and all ask qns as they need
> assistance.
> Some students use the "copy paste and modify" model, others use the "read
> first then give it a go myself"...either way, they are ALL moving forward
> and we have a hoot in classes!
>
> Cheers guys..keep up the good work.
> ps..Hi Brett!  (hey mate, what ever happened to the old red station
> wagon?...you know the 'its just transport' one....hehe..)
>
> Kent Beveridge
> ICT Coordinator & Maths Teacher
> kbeveridge at stbc.vic.edu.au

> Hi Everyone,
>

> Thanks to Brett Groves, Sonia McDonald, Keerthi Abeysinghe and Arivu
> Kumaran
> you all have access to tremendous junior IT resources in :
>
> 1.       Gamemaker
>
> 2.       Alice
>
> 3.       Unity
>
> 4.       Blender
>

> Brett has an awesome web site set up covering learning and assessment
> linked
> through http://virgilrules.weebly.com/index.html .
>
> All of these are found at www.edulists.com.au through the yr7-10it and
> edugames links.
>

> Thanks to all our generous contributors
>

> Kevork Krozian
>
> Edulists Creator Administrator
>
> www.edulists.com.au
>
> tel: 0419 356 034

> Authority and
> Teachers Association Inc
> St. Brigid's College
> 97 Robinson Street, Horsham VIC 3400
> T 03 5382 3545   F 03 5382 0757
> ABN 72 749 438 155
> www.stbc.vic.edu.au<http://www.stbc.vic.edu.au/>
>         [http://library.stbc.vic.edu.au/StBCLogo.jpg]
> P Please consider the environment before printing this email or attachment.
> IMPORTANT! This email and any attachments may be confidential. If received
> in error, please contact us and delete all copies. St. Brigid's College
> does not represent or warrant that the attached files are free from
> computer viruses or other defects. The attached files are provided, and may
> only be used, on the basis that the user assumes all responsibility for any
> loss, damage or consequence resulting directly or indirectly from the use
> of the attached files, whether caused by the negligence of the sender or
> not. The liability of St. Brigid's College is limited in any event to
> either the resupply of the attached files or the cost of having the
> attached files resupplied. Any representations or opinions expressed in
> this email are those of the individual sender, and not necessarily those of
> [...]

Dr Paul D. Chandler
Adjunct Research Fellow
School of Education, University of New England

e-mail: chandler.paul.d at gmail.com
Ph: 0400 198 187   |   Skype: paul.d.chandler
LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/pauldchandler
Academia: http://independent.academia.edu/Chandler
Google scholar: http://scholar.google.com.au/citations?user=H3lX8DIAAAAJ
[image: pdchandler] <http://www.delicious.com/pdchandler>