[Yr7-10it] mobile apps

Ziad Baroudi ziad at avilacollege.vic.edu.au
Mon Apr 2 21:27:35 EST 2012

I am so glad to hear others mention Corona SDK. I am keen to get a
community of us using it. Here is an Album to which I will keep adding some
tutorials with a mathematical bias. Of course, the net is full of great
CoronaSDK tutorials and there is even a textbook now out and a couple of
others on the way: https://vimeo.com/album/1861394

Please note that I make no gain for "promoting" this product. I just like
the fact that it uses Lua as a language. If we could lobby VCAA to include
it in the approved languages for software development, it'll be great. It
is simple and creates small programs, which is why Texas Instruments have
chosen it as a programming language of their CAS calculator, the TI-nSpire.
There are also a number of newer frameworks for mobile development using
Lua. It seems to be taking off in the world.

If you're interested in exploring Corona or Lua, please get in touch with
me. I am no an expert but I can warn you about some of the pitfalls I have
experienced.

Sincerely,
Ziad Baroudi,
Avila College.