[Yr7-10it] iPAD apps question for all...KentB

Travis Parker Travis.Parker at beaconhills.vic.edu.au
Wed Oct 19 16:04:02 EST 2011

Hey All,

We are also going down 1:1 iPad for Year 5-11 next year, and staff have
just received theirs and students will soon. We also have a company
developing a school specific app for timetables, class lists, calendars,
roll marking etc which should be ready soon.

Here is our attempt at an "essential apps" list:

Keynote	$10.49
Pages		$10.49
Numbers	$10.49
GoodReader	$5.49
iresponse	$0.99
iannotate	$8.49
AVPlayerHD 	$2.99
Blue Reader	free
Calculator	free
Photoshop Express  	Free
Evernote	Free
Kindle		Free
Borders
Kobo		Free
ABC iView	Free
Dragon Dictation	Free
Dropbox	Free
TED	Free
Flipboard	Free
Overdrive media centre	Free
The Age	Free

Please note this is for everyone - Not individual subject lists.
However, I also would have Garageband and iMovie just 'cos they're cool!
I don't rate Numbers either, but some think it will be good so it's on
there. Also, our librarian played a large hand in making this list and
many of the free apps (Particularly the e-readers) were from her, so you
probably don't need that many.

Cheers

Trav