[Yr7-10it] Come to Swinburne's ICT VCE Enrichment Programs or we can visit your school! Programs are free of charge!

Bianca van Meeuwen BVANMEEUWEN at groupwise.swin.edu.au
Mon May 2 11:32:54 EST 2011

Hello,

Swinburne's Faculty of Information and Communication Technologies are organising on and off campus Enrichment Programs again. The programs are specifically designed to enrich your students' knowledge of the curriculum. All programs are free of charge.

On campus

The faculty has developed programs focusing on IT Applications, Software Development, Physics, Business Information Systems, High Achievers, Astro Tours and Exam Preparation Sessions. The on-campus programs will be running mainly in Term 3 and are delivered at Swinburne's Hawthorn campus.

In 2011 we will also be running the ICT School Holiday Program as well as introducing new initiatives such as a 'Cool Grads' seminars and VCE Extension Studies.

Our 2011 events schedule is:

21 June - High Achievers Day

8 July - ICT Holiday Program
19 July - Software Development Day
20 July - Business Management Day
21 July - IT Applications Day
26 July - Software Development Day
27 July - Physics Day
28 July - IT Applications Day

2 August - IT Applications Day
4 August - IT Applications Day

All programs are free of charge.
Complimentary lunch for students and teachers.

At your school

If you prefer we can come to your school to deliver presentations to year levels 7 to 12 about ICT courses and careers or interactive workshops from a range of topics such as Hacking, Cracking and Viruses, Web 2.0 or IT in Organisations. All programs are free of charge.

Resources

The ICT Faculty have also developed a range of resources to support you and your students with easy to access information. We will also be working with schools and teachers to identify the most-needed areas of professional development and we welcome your suggestions.

Where, what, when, how?

For more information about our programs or to register, please visit www.swin.edu.au/ict/schools or download the brochure.

If you have any questions, suggestions or specific requests, please do not hesitate to contact me on 9214 8768 or by email bvanmeeuwen at swin.edu.au.

Regards,