[Yr7-10it] invitation to partcipate in Games in Learning research project

LE Huong (LeH) LeH at vermontsc.vic.edu.au
Mon Jun 20 14:34:29 EST 2011

Hi Kylie,

Gaming in the classroom.

cheers,

From: yr7-10it-bounces at edulists.com.au [yr7-10it-bounces at edulists.com.au] on behalf of Colleen Stieler-Hunt [colleen at colleensplace.net]
Sent: Sunday, 19 June 2011 9:32 PM
To: yr7-10it at edulists.com.au
Subject: [Yr7-10it] invitation to partcipate in Games in Learning research      project

Hi All

I am a PhD student at the University of the Sunshine Coast. I am an experienced classroom teacher and I have also been involved in state-wide initiatives for ICT in Queensland schools. Although, I am currently on leave from the Queensland's Department of Education, my most recent role was as the Games in Learning Project Officer.

I am looking for volunteer teachers in the Melbourne area who would be willing to be interviewed for my research about using games in learning. I will be in Melbourne between the 4 and 7 September 2011.

My research seeks to understand how educators can select appropriate digital games for their curriculum by examining the experiences of teachers who have used digital games as an integral part of student learning. I like to allow 2 hours for the interview. We can conduct the interview at your workplace or another agreed upon location. If you agree to be involved I will also contact your Principal to seek their consent.

It is my hope that the results of my research will be useful for other teachers and as such, I plan to disseminate my results via the web.

FYI, I have attached an information sheet.

If you have been using digital games in your classroom, I hope to hear from you soon. Many thanks.

Regards

Colleen Stieler-Hunt.
PhD Student
University of the Sunshine Coast
Email: cjs018 at student.usc.edu.au<mailto:cjs018 at student.usc.edu.au> (uni)
Email: colleen at colleensplace.net<mailto:colleen at colleensplace.net> (home)

Ethics approval number: HREC: S/10/279 (University of the Sunshine Coast Human Research Ethics Committee)
Education Queensland research approval number: 550/27/999