[Yr7-10it] Year 10 IT Course for 2011

Kent Beveridge kbeveridge at stbc.vic.edu.au
Tue Feb 22 12:24:05 EST 2011

An interesting question...
My response to this is..Which units are you gearing your students to 'select' in VCE level from the computing perspective? I view the y10 class as the grooming for their VCE selections, or even the beginning of it. Here, the Cert3 is now begun at y10 level, to be completed at the year 11 level. This year, units of competence have been adjusted to enable this to happen.
We no longer offer the Unit 1-4 traditional VCE offerings as they dropped in numbers,...so went to plan B..'VET'.
Numbers are now growing again due to the competency based assessment.

If you are still after a topic plan...a suggestion is to scrutinize the VELS document at levels 5 & 6 and select/design your courses around that document.

Sorry cant be more helpful..I tend to redesign my courses each year lately to cater to the needs of the cohort.

I would be happy to offer some options if contacted off-list as I have one or two up my sleeve!(including an assessment spreadsheet already set up.

KB.

Kent Beveridge
ICT Co-ordinator, St.Brigids CSC, HORSHAM,Vic,Aus.