[Yr7-10it] The Cloud Dance

Roland Gesthuizen rgesthuizen at gmail.com
Wed Sep 1 08:00:54 EST 2010

Some of you may be aware that I have fun using glove puppets to teach IT,
love of space / earth sciences and former life as a research scientist. Here
is something else from left field that links it all with a dash of drama:
     Media Release - cloud dance Aug10.odt -
https://docs.google.com/document/pub?id=10xA7MgprJDiR8itdMRVjOtcsh-TMFLHRmc2lEH-N7aI

I have been coaching my year 8 science class towards a production with the
STAV Science Drama awards and we just made the state finals with my Cloud
Dance, WOOT!! I am soooo excited that I could break a leg (if I had a drama
bone in my body). I now have a deeper respect for music and drama teachers
for their nail biting stress with chasing forms, finding snippets of
rehersal time, consoling students, struggling with copyright, the dark arts
of lighting and stage positioning, sewing after midnight and stage props
that go walkies.. it feels as if I am stuck on a mysterious level of
Inception.

At a recent CEGSA state conference, I had everybody up and out of their
seats doing The Cloud Dance .. anybody remember this? (grin)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/plakboek/4804422471/in/set-72157624527789702/

Ow yes, before I forget .. here is an OZ-Teachers group photo from amongst
those friends I met at CEGSA 2010.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/plakboek/4804427429/in/set-72157624527789702/

WIsh us luck for the finals this Friday evening :-)

You can follow my tweets with http://www.twitter.com/rgesthuizen

http://www.westallsc.vic.edu.au