[Yr7-10it] remote screen viewing/broadcasting software

Dr Paul Chandler paul.chandler at une.edu.au
Fri May 7 14:06:22 EST 2010

Here are the ones I know about:
iTALC: http://italc.sourceforge.net/  [it's free!]
AB Tutor Control: http://www.abconsulting.com/html/Tutor_Control.html
lanschool: http://www.lanschool.com/

I have used the vnc, AB and lanschool in classroom settings.

> Hi folks,
>
> I'm looking for software which will allow a teacher to broadcast their
> screen to a class of students', or broadcast one student's screen to
> the class. Netsupport school does this, but is too expensive, and we
> aren't interested in the control features so much. Has anyone got any
> experience with this type of software? Even a multicast vnc type
> solution would be fine.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Victor
> and

Dr Paul Chandler
Research Fellow
'Multimedia grammatical design and authoring pedagogy' (Kahootz) project,
School of Education, University of New England
(Project website: http://www.une.edu.au/kahootzresearch)

located at Australian Children's Television Foundation
145 Smith Street, Fitzroy, Melbourne, 3065
e-mail: paul.chandler at une.edu.au
Ph: 0400 198 187
Fax: (03) 9419 0660
Skype: paul.d.chandler