[Yr7-10it] Digital citizenship and the thinking student 17th March

Jo McLeay jo at vitta.org.au
Thu Mar 4 12:03:40 EST 2010

Dear edulists subscriber (and apologies for the cross posts),

We all have a diversity of students in our classrooms. What can we do to extend the learning of the gifted and telented in our classrooms?

ICT FOR THE GIFTED AND TALENTED

Digital Citizenship and the thinking student is the framework for looking at Web 2.0 technologies as well as personal and cloud computing. In this session we also learn about Bloom's Digital Taxonomy which is not about the tools or technologies but about using these to facilitate higher order thinking and extending the gifted and talented students in our classrooms. The communication skills covered range from texting and instant messaging to debating, negotiating, moderating and collaborating. These skills are associated with the range of thinking skills from lower order to the higher order thinking skills. In this new cyberworld students need to learn about digital citizenship and thinking.