[Yr7-10it] More great value PD - Introduction to Scripting in Game Maker

Hall, Rod M Hall.Rod.M at edumail.vic.gov.au
Wed Jul 28 12:00:15 EST 2010

Do know that those teachers in "rural" settings are striving also to
deliver an inclusive and engaging curriculum. Often learning many
software applications by themselves as the faculty may not be large
enough to share learning and spending considerable time to do so.
Enthusiasm is a driving force and the opportunity to share PD and
learning helps to refire the enthusiasm when it can wane because the
skill set  may not be as up to date as desired. PD opportunities are
highly welcomed - YET once again all PD for terrific (say)  Gamemaker
applications remains city based and (currently) from 4.30pm to meet the
needs of the city folk. Here us loud and clearly in the country - PLEASE
consider opportunities for Regional PD - we will drive an hour to get to
a location but a 7 hour return trip is just not an option for 2 hours of
sharing.
Get on line country teachers and put your thinking  to VITTA - maybe the
power of the numbers may well stir those talented people to offer their
travel time with VITTA support to come nearer to you .
One can only hope so.
Yours in frustration

Rod Hall
Bright P-12 College