[Yr7-10it] An Aussie ICT wiki

stephen at melbpc.org.au stephen at melbpc.org.au
Tue Apr 13 01:21:04 EST 2010

Hi all,

A new wiki for Australia and technology:

 http://www.delimiter.com.au/wiki

--
Delimiter launches Aussie technology ‘Wikipedia’

<http://delimiter.com.au/2010/04/12/delimiter-launches-aussie-tech-
wikipedia>

I think I speak for everyone when I say that Wikipedia simply rocks. I
use it on a daily basis .. but there are plenty of things that Wikipedia
doesn’t rock for ..

So we’re hoping that companies and individuals in Australia’s technology
sector — and that includes the enterprise IT, telco, consumer technology
and video gaming verticals — will help us out by editing entries on the
new Delimiter Wiki, so that we can build a bigger base of knowledge.

All of the content on the Delimiter Wiki will be available under a
Creative Commons licence, so you shouldn’t be worried that Delimiter is
going to somehow take all of the content people contribute and run off
and make buckets of cash with it.

It will stay on the web for perpetuity and (hopefully) become an
increasingly valuable resource for Australia’s technology sector,
although, as with Wikipedia, we ask that people take a common sense
approach to the information contained within its pages — if it gets
vandalised, some of the info may not be quite accurate.

We are only planning to use images on the Delimiter Wiki that are public
domain (for example, have been released for use by the press) or that we
believe we can use under fair use provisions (such as company logos). But
if you see an image on the site that you don’t think we should be using,
just contact us and explain the situation.

As always, if you have questions or worries about how to contribute to or
use the Delimiter Wiki, please drop me a line directly at
renai at delimiter.com.au.

We would particularly welcome suggestions as to how we could tweak
MediaWiki, the Wiki software we are using — it seems a bit hard for the
average user to use, and we still haven’t worked out how to fix the the
capitalisation in iiNet’s page, for example.

--

Cheers,
Stephen