[Yr7-10it] Using Adobe Fireworks for Juniour IT

mppascoe at tpg.com.au mppascoe at tpg.com.au
Sat Nov 14 09:54:24 EST 2009

For people that might have Adobe Fireworks as part of an Adobe package that
their school uses, it is great to use for Year 7 beginner students.

The reason why CS3 Fireworks is so good to use as the first Adobe Product
that students learn, is because it has both bitmap tools for photos, and
vector tools for doing artwork. It is much simpler for beginners to use than
Photoshop and Illustrator, but can still produce some amazing graphic art.

Where I work, we do Fireworks with Year 7 beginner students and then do
Photoshop and Illustrator with them from Year 10 onwards. We are very
fortunate in that the

school has the Adobe CS3 Master Collection, so we try to use as many of the
applications as we can with our students.

If you would like an intro lesson for Fireworks, (complete with instructions
and all resource files) then go here:

http://tinyurl.com/FWrobotLayers      (Page may take a while to load due to
4MB PDF iframe)

Enjoy,