[Yr7-10it] Year 10 Info Tech semester 2

BROWN. Jeananne BROWJEA1 at lavalla.sale.catholic.edu.au
Mon Jul 13 22:21:32 EST 2009

Hi everyone
I really appreciate all the helpful hints, ideas and information on the list.

I'm wondering if others teaching Y10 this semester could tell me in general terms what they are doing?
I have just picked up this subject and am developing a course around website evaluation, search engines, project management and using Web2.0 tools. Does this sound reasonable?
I want them to be engaged and achieve but also to learn some of the foundation things that they just never think about.
By looking at the class list I have 3/4 boys - no surprises there! The few girls are not the tech types.

I have been looking at the ICT components of the sample units on VELS site. Some ideas there that helped.

I'm happy to be pointed in the direction of anything that will assist.

As always - grateful for any and all advice.

TIA
Jeananne

Jeananne Brown
Lavalla Catholic College
Traralgon  3844

This message may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately by replying to this email and then delete the email from your system. Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender and not necessarily those of Lavalla Catholic College. Thank you for your cooperation.