[Yr7-10it] Scratch Day 09

Roland Gesthuizen rgesthuizen at gmail.com
Sun Apr 5 17:15:52 EST 2009

Thanks Peter, a great idea I'll pass it onto our school Arts-Technology team
to add onto the calendar. I have had a lot of fun programming with Scratch
by a team of year 10 Game Programming students this term. After finishing
off some interactive stuff usin scratch boards we will progress onto some
serious coding with Python and VPython. :-)

The **Scratch Board has a sound sensor, a light sensor, a push button, a
slider and alligator clips that can measure the electrical resistance in a
circuit. They are a great way for students to experience programming 'away'
from the computer keyboard whilst holding some real hands-on circuitry. No
technical experience needed, just a spare USB port.
     http://info.scratch.mit.edu/Support/Sensor_Boards<http://day.scratch.mit.edu/>

Regards Roland

http://www.westallsc.vic.edu.au